Saturday, May 10, 2008

Noah Does Some Flirting




The other day Wes and I took Noah over to one of the local parks to play while I did a four mile run. It was the perfect place to go because the playground is huge and the trail is really shady (which is essential when it is 90 degrees out!) Anyway, I walked Noah over to the slide and then took off down the trail. As usual, I started out too fast and by the end I was absolutely dying! I have got to learn how to pace myself.


The first time I looped around and passed the playground I saw Wes and Noah waving at me. Wes said Noah tried to run after me. At the rate I was going I'm quite sure he would have caught me if Wes hadn't made him turn around.




By the time I was finished and back at the playground Noah was no longer interested in me or my run. He had made friends with a little girl on the playground and was in the process of stalking her. You know, generally following her around everywhere and calling out her name and speaking to her in gibberish. It was really funny. She of course would act simultaneously intrigued and annoyed by his attention. (Ah, the dynamics of flirting show up at an early age!) If her hair had only been longer she would have flipped it over her shoulder and sauntered off to the slide leaving Noah standing in awe - and a puddle of drool. Not to worry though. By the end of our time at the park he had won her over with his wit and charm!




Needless to say, Noah did NOT want to leave. In order to entice him to the car Wes tried to give him a ride on his shoulders. But Noah said, "No Daddy. Mama do it? Pease?" I obliged his request, as he had flashed his most charming grin while asking, but was thinking the whole time: Great. I'm almost dead and now I am carrying twenty five pounds of squirming toddler on my shoulders to the car! I guess that flirting game works on adults too!





So we headed home thinking of all we had accomplished. I practiced my running skills, Wes practiced his chasing Noah around skills, and Noah practiced his flirting skills. A very productive afternoon!


Here are some more pics from our afternoon:






Walking - or rather, skipping - to the slide.



Climbing the steps to the big slide.



Re hydrating on top of a picnic table.
We love our little grinning geek!

No comments: