Monday, May 12, 2008

Packing Day!

I thought I would give a quick update since I am sitting here all by myself in an apartment filled with boxes and pieces of furniture. Today was packing day.

Kelly and I didn't want Noah to be in the apartment when the packers came because when we moved out of our house and into the apartment 8 months ago he didn't do very well with the boxes and chaos of a move! (Something about being out of his routine really bothers him. I have no idea where he gets that! Ha!) So, Kelly and I got up at 5:00 this morning, packed a cooler, changed Noah's diaper, put Noah in the Jeep, and said goodbye. Kelly and Noah drove up to Charleston today and I stayed here to wrap things up. It's never easy saying goodbye to Kelly and Noah, even for just a few days, but it was a little easier today because when I said goodbye I also said, "you are going home!". That's right, home! Charleston has always been the place we have wanted to call home and now it is a reality.

The packers showed up at about 9:45 and got everything boxed up by 2:00. It seemed like they did a good job, but I guess we won't really find out until we unload the boxes and see how many of our things are broken! The nicest part of the day...I didn't have to pack a single box! Kelly and Noah made it to Charleston without any huge screaming fests (thank goodness for portable DVD players!).

Tomorrow the truck comes. Hopefully, the process of loading the truck will be a smooth as the packing was today. Kelly gets to see the house tomorrow as she goes for the final "walk-through" to find any things that need to be corrected. Our realtor has told us the house looks really nice and that there aren't too many things that need to be corrected besides a little caulking here and a nail pop there.

It will probably be a while before we get time for any more posts, but if the chance arises, we will let you know how things are going and how the house turned out.

1 comment:

The Lovealls said...

Thanks for the update and keep us posted on life...send pictures of the house- inside and out when you get them! :)