Saturday, May 3, 2008

Surviving

So, it is Saturday and Noah and I have not killed each other yet! Actually, things have been going really well so far. We've been playing at the park and gone to Chick Fil A. And last night we went over to my friend Linda's house to play. (All the husbands in our church were at a men's retreat, so some of the girls got together for a girls' evening - with kids of course, which makes it not quite as much of a girls' evening but oh well!) Anyway, Linda's daughter Rachel is around Noah's age and they play really well together, and Noah's girlfriend baby Sydney was there too, so he was set for the evening!

On a side note, here is why I question how my child will turn out one day. Observe the following conversation,
Mother 1: Oh yes, Sydney loves me to sing "If You're Happy and You Know It".
Mother 2: I know, Rachel always loved the "Itsy Bitsy Spider!" It always made her smile!
Group gives a collective "Ahhh...how sweet!"
Kelly's Head: When Noah was little he really liked Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback".
Yikes.
Anyway, Noah and I have big plans for the day. A run in the jogger for him, followed by a significant amount of playground time to bribe him for not screaming during my run. Plus we will most likely visit the mall tonight so he can walk around and look at all the cars on display by the food court. It doesn't take much to amuse the kid!
Here are some more adorable Noah pictures - none are actually from this weekend but when
does a single parent have time for photography?!
Here is Noah chillin while he watches tv. He really prefers to drink water out of regular water bottles and is actually pretty good at it.
Here he is playing with play dough. He likes the blue play dough and the star shaped cookie cutter - he likes make one long (obsessively straight) line of blue stars across the table.
Who knows what he is doing here - sadly I'm sure it has nothing to do with potty training.
PS - I apologize for the way this post is spaced. I know it looks totally weird but Blogger won't let me fix it - because, believe me, I have tried. I was right in predicting I would pull all my hair out this weekend, I just didn't think the it would be because of the computer! Step away from the computer Kelly!

2 comments:

McKee said...

That's funny that you mentioned Noah loving booty music because last night Wes was telling us all about how Noah would dance in the car when you would listen to hip hop.

The Lovealls said...

I am sure my child will be the first newborn to know the words to the next American Idol hit...it is just how we roll! :) Loved the story! :)
Glad you did not kill your son this weekend- he is too cute for that!