Monday, September 1, 2008

The McKees visit Charleston

Wes and I were very excited to have our friends Adam and Andrea and their little girl Maggie visit us over Labor Day weekend. They came down on Friday just in time for Adam to cook his famous Lowcountry Boil, which has become a birthday tradition for all of us with end of August birthdays!
The girls stand around and watch Adam do all the cooking!


After a delicious meal on Friday we spent Saturday morning being kind of lazy, watching Noah and Maggie play. They are really cute together!



After that all the girls - Andrea, Gray, Carissa, my Mom, Wes' Mom, and I - went to lunch at California Dreaming and then had some yummy dessert at Cupcake downtown. It was my birthday outing and I had a great time. Then my Mom and I got to do one of my favorite things - shopping on King Street. It doesn't get any better than that!





That night my Mom stayed with Maggie and Noah and we got a much needed adult outing. It is always so nice to head out the door with just my small purse not loaded down with diapers, cups, and toy cars! We went to Sermets Corner downtown and had a wonderful meal and good conversation and enjoyed being out downtown.



We kept trying to take an adult group picture but Noah thinks all pictures should have him in them so he kept sneaking into the shot! And, yes, Andrea and I are aware that we were dressed exactly alike - it was not planned!


Sunday morning we went to church and then had lunch at Wes' parents house. We celebrated mine and Adam's birthdays and there was definitely cookie cake involved!



When it came time to sing happy birthday Noah of course thought that we were singing for him and got excited about "his" cake. Two year olds really are the center of their own universe!

See, Noah has a big grin while people sing because he thinks they are singing for him! And he chows down on a big ol' piece of cake...



The McKees left this morning and we were sad to see them go! We always have such a good time hanging out and now we are having even more fun watching Noah and Maggie play together. I have tons of pictures of the two of them that I will post soon. Oh, and P.S. - Jeremy and Amy, you have nothing to worry about. Even though Noah is good with the cuddles....
......he is not so good with the pick up lines. He said to Maggie, "Hi Maggie...I like your head!" With lines as smooth as that, Jude should have no trouble winning Maggie for himself!

No comments: