Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Trip To The Zoo?

So, today I was washing dishes and Noah came into the room and announced that he wanted to go to the zoo.

"The zoo?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, wanna see the animals!"

"Well, Noah, we don't have a zoo here. We can plan a trip and go to the zoo another day, okay?"

Silence, followed by the lower lip being stuck out and then whining, and finally,
"I wanna go to the ZOO!!!!"

Thinking fast - trying to avoid an all out tantrum - I said, "Why don't we make our own zoo?" Then I waited for the screaming to get even louder. But, wonder of wonders, he said,

"Okay Mama!"

So we went upstairs and using some blocks, stuffed animals, and paper for the signs we constructed our own zoo. Then I told him we had to pretend to get in the car and drive to the zoo and asked him what we should bring. He said, "milk, the camera, and no pants". So that is exactly what we brought to the "zoo". Well, Noah went without pants but I wanted our game to be a realistic representation of a zoo trip so I kept my pants on.

Noah loved pretending to see all the animals and he loved taking his picture with them even more! He got to see lions, tigers, giraffes, monkeys, and ducks on his zoo outing.
Here is Noah standing next to the lion cage, roaring at the lion.


And here he is with a cheesy grin - and blinded by the flash - by the Tiger cage.

And, of course, this being an adventure to the zoo with Noah, you know that there was a little bit of drama that unfolded. The lion escaped from his cage...


.....tackled Noah to the ground....


....and as you can imagine, Noah emerged victorious!

No comments: