Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're Back Online!

Oh my gosh, what did I do before the Internet? I was recently forced to find out because someone (who shall remain nameless) hauled his tiny self onto our desk and managed to pour half a can of diet coke onto our laptop. After a few horrifying hissing and cackling noises we were pretty convinced that our computer was fried but took it to the repair guys to see if there was any salvaging to be done. So for 4 days I was without my connection to the outside world and I realized that I might have a small addiction. Or had, I should say...that cold turkey thing works pretty well. I even debated whether or not to get online today at all but decided that I should probably fill everyone in on Noah's entry into the world of preschool. (Our computer is working by the way, but the keys stick in an annoying way that makes typing less fun than it used to be...)




Anyway, here is Noah last Tuesday on his first morning of preschool. He was very excited to wear his Cars backpack and marched right into his classroom with no problem. Until he realized that I was not staying with him and then all hell broke loose. Seriously. Apparently he cried for the better part of 3 hours and I had serious doubts that he would be allowed to come back. But we tried again on Thursday and his teacher said that he calmed down after just 10 minutes. (This was, however, contingent upon his getting to wear his backpack the whole time. Weird.) Anyway that day he informed me that "school was fun" and today I heard the same thing and he only cried for 30 seconds after being dropped off! Victory...I didn't ask about the backpack. Quite frankly, I don't want to know.

I am glad that he is liking school because I am really liking my 3 hour chunks of time to myself. I can get soooo much done! Or I can do a lot of goofing around on the computer. Maybe that cold turkey stuff wasn't as effective as I would have liked!

No comments: