Monday, September 29, 2008

Straight From the Two Year Old's Mouth

These days Noah is talking all the time. I call it his word vomit and it is all day, every day! It can really be pretty exhausting. It can also lead to some interesting conversations and plenty of good laughs. Here are a few recent tidbits from Noah's mouth.

#1 - The other night he woke up crying. But it wasn't just any old cry. It took Wes and I a few minutes to figure it out but he was screaming, "Crackers! I need some crackers!" At 2:30 in the morning! I marched right on upstairs to inform him there would be no midnight snack and he was not happy with me.

#2 - When he wants something from me he has taken to calling out, "Hey Babe!" I guess you can figure out what Wes does when he wants something.

#3 - He knows all the words to the chorus of Disturbia (his favorite song) by Rihanna, and walks around the house singing "bum bum be dum, bum bum be dum dum".

#4 - He has a new obsession with Thomas trains and therefore many new toy trains to play with. He has a truck named Madge that the trains can ride on top of. He likes to say, "Oh look, Thomas is on top. He likes it on top." Wes and I always crack up at this one!

#5 - He really likes school now but I think it is because he has a crush on his teacher. Every time I ask him about school it always revolves around Ms. Holloway. Like, Noah, who is your friend at school? And he always says, Ms Holloway.

#6 - This is my favorite...the other day we were all in the car and got stuck behind some idiot driver who was refusing to make his left hand turn in a timely manner. I opened my mouth to start complaining but before I could say anything I heard a little voice from the back seat say, "Geez! Get her done!" Wes and I looked at each other in shock and I said a silent thank you that I had recently refined my road rage speech to include more child friendly words like Geez.

#7 - We went to Lowe's over the weekend and got a bunch of plants for the yard. Noah got to pick out a little one for himself and then he helped Wes plant it and was very proud! Later he was talking to my Mom on the phone and he told her he had gotten his own plant at Lowe's. She asked him what kind and he said, "pink". My Mom laughed and said, "But Noah what is the name of the plant you got?" He thought hard for a minute and finally said, "Lightning!" My mom and I died laughing at that one.

There are a million more funny stories but those are the ones that stand out to me. As hilarious as it all is to us though, Wes and I are becoming acutely aware of the things that come out of our mouths. Of course, no matter how hard I try, I just know that my son will be the one to teach all the kids in his church preschool their first curse word. Geez!

No comments: