Monday, September 22, 2008

What's New With Noah?

There is so much going on with our crazy boy right now...where to begin? He is really loving school which is great! He still cries when I drop him off but it only lasts 30 seconds until I'm out the door and then he is off to play. This has led to us being able to leave him in the church nursery too. Wes and I sat together in during church last week for the first time in 6 months!

Noah is also very interested in the "potty" now. Quite frankly, I am scared s***less of starting the process of potty training and he is not even 2 and 1/2 yet so I still think he is a little young for it, but we are following his lead. Mostly because he has started taking off his diaper right before he pees. You would think this was a good thing but we have yet to make it to the potty. Usually he removes his pants and diaper while I am out of the room, pees on the carpet, and then runs around naked until I see him and he can point out where he peed. I have been encouraging him to sit on the potty but so far all we have done is find the potty after we pee and drag in front of the TV to watch Thomas and Friends (our new obsession). Sigh........

The best news is that Noah has finally graduated to a "Big Boy Bed"! After I realized that he could climb out of his crib if he really wanted, and deciding that I needed to rearrange the furniture in his room, we took off the front of the crib and "converted" it to a toddler bed. The addition of some Cars sheets and comforter made Noah's day! I also moved his train table into his room, along with a new bookcase and all his books, so he was excited. He spent all of Saturday morning playing in his room - which never happens!






And finally, always exciting for Noah, Aunt J came to visit again this past weekend. Jess can make even extremely boring activities more fun. Like unpacking boxes of books to add to our bookshelves. Why not push Noah around in the empty box while wearing a bike helmet?.....
Sorry Jess, I know I promised no blog pictures with the helmet but I couldn't resist. Besides, this was definitely the least embarrassing one...it could have been worse!

No comments: