Saturday, August 14, 2010

Conserve A Plate Friday

There are many things that I wish I did better. I would like to run a faster mile, be a more patient mother, get really good at clipping coupons, I could go on.... Topping my list of things I need to be better at is cooking dinner. I. hate. cooking. dinner! Around 5:00pm every night I start getting anxious because (most of the time) I have no idea what I am going to feed my family for dinner. I then spend the next hour wondering how long I can get by without doing anything before Wes says, "Whats for dinner?"

So, last night was the same song and dance. The boys were both in bed, it was 8:00, and my (poor, hungry) husband asks the inevitable question. Instead of being reasonable I decided to spazz out and declare that I absolutely could not make dinner cause I hate it so much.

Wes: "Babe, its ok, chill out!"

Kelly: "Can we just do peanut butter sandwiches? Please?"

W: "That's fine, I don't care." (Just feed me something please!)

So I proceeded to make this for dinner.
Well almost, ours was on wheat bread and instead of jelly we had sliced apples, but you get the idea.
So I put the sandwich together, turned to my waiting husband, and handed it to him. He looked at the sandwich, looked at me and asked, "What is it, conserve a plate night?"
That's right folks. Not only did I serve my husband peanut butter for dinner, I didn't even put it on a plate! I am an AWESOME wife.

1 comment:

Julie Long said...

We ate Nature Valley Granola Bars tonight for dinner...the peanut butter flavor. I found them at our Chinese supermarket and it made my week. We also did not use plates. :) I love you!