Friday, August 6, 2010

Julie, this is for you....

So, our friends Julie and Devin have recently made a 6 month move to Hong Kong. The last time we saw Julie she was telling us all about it and Noah was very interested. Ever since he has asked to see pictures of Hong Kong and will ask, every now and then, "Is Miss Julie still in Hong Kong?" All of that to say, when I was going through some of Julie's facebook pictures I thought Noah might be interested so I called him over to see. He sat with me while I flipped through pictures of the skyline and of parks and he was really enjoying it until we came to the following picture.....



"Momma what is that?!"

I wasn't entirely sure but I took my best guess, "Noah those look like eels or something."

His eyes got big and he pointed to the screen in disbelief and said, "Do people eat eels?"

"Well, yes Noah sometimes they do."

I watched him taking that in. He turned back to the picture and started muttering to himself. "That is disgustin' ....I don't want to eat eels, they look like worms....." All of the sudden his eyes got even bigger and he turned to me with a look of horror.

"Does Miss Julie eat worms?!?"

All I could do was laugh and inform him that to the best of my knowledge Miss Julie does not eat worms - and even 6 months in China probably won't change that!

1 comment:

Julie Long said...

Touche. Good one friend. That made me laugh!