Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Noah

I am not even sure where to start when it comes to Noah these days! He is 4 going on 16, that's for sure! His attitude at times is bigger than Texas! Four is an interesting age. It is much better than 3 in some ways, like his ability to listen better, etc. He is easier to instruct at this age because he has more of a desire to please and be a "good boy". However, four is the age of 8 million questions a day and the sheer volume of words that come out of his mouth makes me borderline crazy everyday. I keep reminding myself that one day he will have nothing to say to me and I will be begging him to tell me things about his day so I am trying my best to patient with his questions.

Because he is always talking, he is constantly providing us with a good laugh. Some of my favorite things to hear from him are when he misuses words in a sentence. I have to try so hard not to laugh! For instance, when playing Candy Land he informed me that we needed to "read the constructions" to learn how to play. Also, instead of propellers on a helicopter they are "crapellers", and instead of his superman cape, it is a "cap". But, my all time favorite, is when he sings his prayer before dinner he says, "we bow our heads to thank you, all our men, all our men" (instead of ah-men, ah-men).

He still has a love for trains but at the moment his big obsession is dinosaurs. He loves anything dinosaur related, and our collection of plastic dinosaurs is growing by the minute! I frequently find the following set up around our house....
In that picture he had created "Dinosaur World" which, for those of you who are wondering, is a bit like Disneyworld. He even had cars lined up to see the dinosaurs but he informed me they would have to pay to get in!
We really love our little man and are amazed at how he observes and takes in the world around him.

1 comment:

The Balls said...

OH - i can't wait for noah & kennedy to play/talk about dinosaurs!! kennedy is still into them these days too. although, sadly, she doesn't have any to make dinosaur land, i just bought her a book & she has to draw them!