Thursday, August 19, 2010

Four Months



Somehow my baby is four months old. How did that happen?
We went to the doctor for his four month appointment yesterday and got all the important stats. (Well, they are actually very unimportant if you ask me, I am much more interested in the more intangible things like is he a happy baby, but I digress.) However, I was excited to see how much he weighed because he is kind of like carrying around a brick all day long! So without further ado....
weight: 15.6 pounds/59th percentile
height: 24 inches/16th percentile (yep, he's a Shealy!)
head: 57th percentile (This one is the least interesting stat to me. I mean why do we care what percentile his head falls in anyway?)
Now for the things I consider way more fun to talk about. He is such a fun baby! So laid back and always ready with a smile. I call him my little smile whore because he will flirt with anybody who pays him attention. He is also giggling - most frequently at Noah. He has great head control now and loves to play in the exersaucer where he is starting to grab at all the toys! His newest trick is that he can roll over both ways now. In fact, at night, we now find him rolled over and sleeping on his stomach when we go to check on him.
We are enjoying Liam soooo much. I remember while I was pregnant, I was constantly wondering/worrying about how it was possible to love someone as much as I loved Noah. The truth is that it is the easiest thing in the world to love this little guy every bit as much! And having a baby is so much more enjoyable this time around. I am not a newbie trying to blindly figure out how to care for another human being. I have gotten one child to age four successfully so I am not so worried about the little things, and that leaves a lot of time to simply relish in the joy that is Liam!

***HELP! Does anyone have any suggestions on how you fix the spacing in this post? I CANNOT get it to post with the appropriate spacing and it is driving me crazy!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

So we measure babies' head to make sure of a few things:
1. Are they growing?
2. Is the head growing too much? - big, big heads can mean hydrocephalus, brain tumor, etc and sometimes the first symptom might be just having a big head
3. Too little? Small heads can also be a sign of problems - like genetic problems, hypothyroidism, prenatal infection that caused brain damage, etc.

And I can't help with the post spacing, but the post actually looks ok to me...

Kelly Shealy said...

aubrey, i guess you CAN tell a lot by head measurement! i was kind of kidding but i didn't realize all the things you can tell just by measuring the head...kind of interesting after all! thanks for the info!