Thursday, June 16, 2011

14 Months.....

And if he makes it to 15 months it will be a miracle. In the last 48 hours this child has made it all the way across the street before we could stop him and fallen down a flight of stairs. Lets not even begin to think about the number of times he has almost drown himself at the pool. Seriously?! I am going to be prematurely gray!


I love that picture of Liam because it is so totally him. In the middle of raiding the pantry - which he is NOT supposed to do - and he nonchalantly stops to take a little break to sip some water. You know, before he goes back to playing with the wine.

Liam is no longer a baby. He is all toddler, all the time. Into everything. Convinced he can do whatever Noah does, and already a pro at pitching fits and not listening. Don't get me wrong - he may be the cutest little boy I have ever seen, and he loves to kiss and hug and melt my heart on a daily basis, but it takes all my energy just to keep up with him. In fact there is no energy leftover to divert to my brain apparently. Just yesterday I went to grab a fruit salad that I had cut up earlier that morning from the refrigerator.

"Where's the fruit salad?" I asked Wes.

"What fruit salad?" he said looking over my shoulder into the fridge. No Tupperware container of fruit salad. Weird.....then the light bulb went off.

"Oh Lord!" I shrieked and lunged for a cabinet across the kitchen. I yanked it open and sure enough, there was the Tupperware of fruit sitting in the cabinet - all warm and slimy. Who does that?! Someone whose brain is fried, that's who! (By the way, Wes literally spent at least 2 whole minutes rolling on the floor laughing at me. I couldn't blame him - I totally deserved to be laughed at. Although, he stopped abruptly when he realized how much money in fruit had just been wasted.)

So, how am I going to make it through? Grin and hold on for the ride I guess. This time with Liam will go way too fast so I guess I will just accept all the crazy for what it is.

And my new coffee pot should help things too! For our anniversary (which is next week - yes, I get my presents early) Wes got me a Keurig coffee maker. It is genius I tell you! Perfect for lazy people or those of us whose brain is too full to complete anything other than rudimentary tasks. It works like this....

Step 1


Step 2



Step 3


Ahhh.... a cup of coffee ready in less than a minute. Fuel for the day!

No comments: