Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hot Child In The Suburbs

Summer is officially in full swing and it. is. HOT.

So, we have been spending most of our free time at the pool. Or near water of some kind. This past weekend my Mom was in town so we took the boys to the beach. Of course, it was high tide at Folly Beach so we had about a foot and half of actual beach to play on but it was still fun!




Between our beach outing and all the time that we are spending at the pool we are all getting just a bit of summer color. I am loathe to say "tan" because I am so NOT trying to tan. Seriously here is a picture of the arsenal of sunscreen that I take with me on all our outdoor adventures.


My children and I are perpetually coated in SPF 85 or above, yet Liam is already dark. Noah and I have some color, but Liam is getting taaannnn! Check it out...


If that is what he looks like after 2 weeks of pool time I am a little scared for what he may look like at the end of the summer. (I am SO not used to having a child whose skin does this - Noah is my little "Casper the Friendly Ghost"!)

Anyway, the water and the sun. That is pretty much what we are up to these days. I will say though, that I have been feeling very blessed lately. I mean, my JOB is to wake up every morning and go play at the pool with my kids. I am very grateful for the opportunity to stay at home with them while they are this age, and get to form all these fun, priceless memories of lazy summer days.

And just in case you think that by the end of the day we have had enough of splashing around here is proof that my kids are water babies....


Summer evenings enjoying our water table! Let the good times roll!

No comments: