Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nine Years

Let me tell you a story.

It's about this boy who began his senior year in college with the singular goal of working hard, getting awesome grades, and getting into a really good graduate school. He had no time for nonsense - he was an achiever! But nonsense found him. You see, he met this girl. She was a freshman with not a thought in her head about good grades. Heck, she barely went to class, let alone worried about what her grades were! But, for reasons still unknown, that boy liked that girl and they started dating. Well, dating might be the wrong word. She went out to dinner, movies, various Waffle Houses... with his friends while he studied hard in the library.

Well, one thing led to another and one day that boy married that senseless girl. No, really, he did! See....


That's me and Wes of course. Nine years ago today! I can't believe that he has put up with me for nine whole years. Although, some of his logic and hard working attitude has rubbed off on me along the way and - I'd like to think - some of my sense of fun has been transferred his way. And you know what we ended up with? Two people who are much better together than we ever were apart.


Wes, thanks for picking me - despite all the voices in your head that were probably screaming how bad I was for your GPA. I'm glad you ignored them! The last nine years have been great - not always easy by any means, no marriage is - but I would not want to be on this journey with anyone but you. Thanks for all you do for me (and for our boys!). Happy Anniversary!!!

PS.... You have one more year until 10. I think the present for that one will have to be really good. I'm sure it involves really nice jewelry, right?!

PPS.... And lest all you blog readers are looking at the above picture and thinking,What a great little family!, I will leave with the following. Don't want you thinking our life is too perfect.....


A little dose of reality for this sentimental post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that fateful year...a fun stroll down memory lane, Kel. Thanks! And, while I've always been a fan of Wes, I think he's only gotten cooler after being married to you! Congrats to you both on nine years!!

The Lovealls said...

Happy Anniversary, friends!
Cute story too! :)