Friday, July 8, 2011

Love/Hate

I have been having a lack of inspiration when it comes to blog posts lately. My creative juices are stifled...bummer. I have been wanting to tell you about some new things I am loving but there don't seem to be enough to make up a whole post. And also, there I many things I am NOT loving but who wants to read a whole blog about negative things? So I am combining them for you. Anyway, the following is kind of random but it is what is going through my brain on this lazy Friday morning.

I LOVE my son.


But I HATE cleaning up after him. Seriously, this phase of I have just discovered how to be mobile and destroy everything I see is getting old fast!



I HATE that our washing machine finally died - after 9 years and 3 or 4 moves - but I LOVE that we were finally able to get a front loading washing machine to replace it.


All the better to wash something else that I am LOVING at the moment. My new running shorts from Lululemon.



I will never, I repeat NEVER, go back to wearing any other shorts! You see the waist band on those puppies? It is the most comfortable and flattering I ever experienced (hello, no muffin top!) and the material is so lightweight that it almost feels like you are wearing nothing!

Okay, next.... I HATE under eye circles. Seriously if I could change one thing on my face I would wish for no dark circles. But I can almost have this wish thanks to a new product that I LOVE!


Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Concealer. This is like a little tube of magic. It goes on liquid smooth with no caking and it makes your dark circles disappear while simultaneously making your skin luminous!

Okay, this part is more serious than the rest but it still applies. I LOVE the following books.


These books by Michael Pollan, and a few others I have read, have been so interesting and helpful in educating me about the American food system. They have led me to HATE processed food, factory farming and the unbelievable amount of chemicals we ingest on a daily basis. As a result our family has started eating organic and locally grown. Plus, I am slowly headed in the direction of vegetarianism. And as a result of my new found info I had to bid adieu to my old friend....


When I read in the book Skinny Bitch that aspartame turns to formaldehyde (?!!) in your body I,  a) Threw up in my mouth and then,  b) Promptly gave up Diet Coke cold turkey. I am 2 weeks clean!

Well, that's about all for today I guess. What are you guys loving and hating right now? Leave a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that I am downing a diet dew right now as I read the reminder that aspartame turns to formaldehyde ; ) One thing that I've found when I want a little flavor; but actually CAN deny the Dew is something called 'true orange'. It flavors your water; but without aspartame or loads of sugar.
There's a book I've been meaning to tell you about: Born To Run. Awesome. I'm not a runner; but was sucked in because I was interested in learning more about the tribe he's studying. As a runner, you'd LOVE this book. You'll feel totally bamboozled by the running shoe industry - I learned that Nike is the devil incarnate if you're a runner ; )

McKee said...

I love that you gave up drinking poison and that you are turning into a crazy food person like me!! Another food snob out there hoping to better our families health!

and I love that today both my kids are asleep.

I hate that there is a mound of laundry sitting on my couch waiting to be folded and put away.

Kelly Shealy said...

Jennifer, I am laughing about your diet dew! Also, so funny you mentioned that book - I have it and have read it twice already! Yes, Nike is the devil and I am proud to say I have never run in a pair of Nike shoes :) And if you ever see me running around barefoot at least you'll know why!

Andrea, I love that both your kids are asleep too! And I knew that if anybody would be proud of me for giving up poison, it would be you! :)