Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wasting Time

Shhhh!!!

Okay, listen. It is 9:16am and both my children are still asleep. What?!?! 

I swear I didn't drug them or anything. You would think that with this unexpected block of free time I would be doing something productive but, no.... Instead I am sitting on the couch with my second cup of coffee wasting time on the computer. It is fabulous. Here is what I have discovered online this morning:

1.  I am always right. I told Wes 4 days ago that the navy blue skinny jeans worn by Princess Kate would sell out in record time and therefore I must purchase them ASAP. He remained skeptical, I waited, and BAM! - 4 days later they are nowhere to be found. I hate being right - especially when it costs me a pair of super adorable pants!

2.  When I went to People.com I found out many important things. The Beckhams named their new baby Harper (my friend Katy must be a trend setter as her 2 year old is named Harper!), Lea Michelle will leave the cast of Glee after next season, Gwyneth Paltrow still has a rockin' body (I only hate her a little), and last but not least, the celeb I still most want to befriend is Jennifer Garner. She is totally fine with being photographed in a t-shirt, jeans, and (gasp) baseball cap while out and about with her kids. She doesn't look like she spends three hours with a stylist before running to the store. I love it - she seems real. Well, as real as someone I stalk on a celebrity website can seem.

3.  I have an unhealthy obsession with "Healthy Living" blogs. Seriously, I could probably spend all day experiencing the domino effect of finding one blog that leads to another, then another... well, you get the picture. But should I decide to take up becoming a gluten-free, vegan, yoga/runner who photographs all her meals for this blog I will have some good role models to follow. Maybe I will just become a professional blogger like some of these girls I am reading about....

Except, wait... Yep, there it is. I hear the thump from upstairs that means things are being thrown out of the crib, and THAT means I have about 34.6 seconds until Liam starts screaming for me to come get him. Drat, guess being a professional blogger will have to wait.

No comments: