Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chicago Trip, Day 4: This Is The Last One, I Promise!

Our last day in Chicago was on Monday. Since we didn't fly out until Monday evening we had most of the day to finish up playing in the city! We got all packed, checked out of the hotel, and hopped into some cabs to head back to Navy Pier.

We used our tickets that we had redeemed earlier in the trip to enjoy the attractions at the pier. Here we are on the most slow moving Ferris Wheel in the entire world!




It was seriously so slow that it never actually stopped moving - you just jumped off as it rolled to the ground!

After the Ferris Wheel the boys decided to ride the swings. With Amy being pregnant, and Andrea and I wanting to keep our breakfast down, the girls opted out of riding and decided to take pictures instead.



The last thing we decided to do was the putt-putt course and OF COURSE it turned into a battle of the sexes. The boys started off strong and had us a little worried. 



Really, the girls just needed to get warmed up a bit. We were way better on the second half of the course. Especially once we found a caddy to carry our 30 extra pounds of purses!


Alas, we did not win, but I did manage to have the best mini golf game of my life. I got two hole in ones and my score was tied with Wes and Adam. I mean, I should probably have earned a medal or something! :)

So that's about it. Our Chicago fun came to end after that as we gathered up all our luggage and headed our separate ways.

By the way..... I could do a whole separate blog post on the fiasco of getting from the hotel to the airport but I won't. Suffice it to say, it involved a lot of heavy bags being hauled up flights of stairs, getting stuck in train station turn styles, and my white jeans getting very dirty. Forget the golf medal - I told Wes I deserved a medal for putting up with all of that! Oh, and I told him next time he was forking out the cash for a cab!

It was a great trip with great friends and I hope it is not another 5 years before we do it again!

No comments: