Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Little Denial Never Hurt Anyone

Last night I got an automated phone call from Charleston County Schools reminding me that the first day of school is August 16th, and that was a mere two weeks away. I don't know what else they said after that - I frantically disconnected the call and tried to erase the words from my mind and go back to my happy place. (Otherwise known as my kitchen full of friends, cheddar corn snacks, and wine.)

As if I needed a reminder that school starts in two weeks! Heck, what I need is all that aforementioned wine to calm me down cause I have been thinking about it too much. (I mean seriously, don't you think 5 is just a touch too young to expect a child to navigate from the carpool drop-off, through the winding halls of a huge school, and find his classroom all by himself?!)

So for now I have come to this solution. I will voluntarily remain in denial. It's a valid form of dealing, right? For now - in my world - it is still summer. We are still children of water and sun, and the gang is still all here!

No comments: