Friday, August 19, 2011

Growing Up

Time is such a funny thing. It can go by so slowly - like when you are getting a cavity filled or listening to Wes talk about the intricacies of the eye (I kid, I kid!) - and then other times it seems to race by at warp speed. For instance, like when I look at my boys. There is Liam, who is off and running. Literally. The child no longer walks anywhere. And Noah, who started elementary school this week.


Here he is on his first morning of Kindergarten. He may have been smiling big but I can promise you he was nervous. And so was I. The parents are allowed to walk them in the first week so that's exactly what I did, and despite his nervousness Noah did very well being dropped off. I think I am the only one who would have known that he was not 100% sure about being there. It did help that he has a good friend, Abby Grace, in his class who sits right across from him AND that he got to purchase a brand new Mario Brothers lunchbox!

And a side note: Me being me, I dealt with my Kindergarten anxiety by purchasing some new things that  got me excited about the first day. These reusable sandwich bags with dinosaurs are not only environmentally friendly, but they just make me happy!


I am sure that they amuse me way more than they do Noah!

So anyway, after I dropped him off Wes, Liam and I went out to breakfast. I thought about ordering some sort of healthy-ish veggie omelet but decided that I would eat my feelings instead, and ordered a big plate of Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey French Toast to make myself feel less sad about my oldest growing up so fast.


It kind of worked. What is really good though is that I still have sweet - and feisty - Liam to keep more than busy during the day! He is missing his partner in crime a bit. He went from days filled with this.....



.... to days filled with having to keep himself entertained without Big Brother.



I don't know how long the spatula and the contents of my cabinet will keep him happy. I think I'd better get on arranging some play date!



No comments: