Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year

New year, new blog. Well, new blog design...same old bloggy thoughts!

As much as I really hate cheesy posts about reflections on the new year and resolutions and all that jazz, I can't help but run those exact topics through my head. There is really something to the whole starting fresh thing. I can literally feel the newness of the year and all the possibilities that it holds, and I must admit that I am excited. Of course, it will be hard to top last year - the excitement of adding a new little person to your family is kind of unbeatable!

So, for 2011 here is what I am thinking..........

~ I want more family time. I want to start establishing more family "traditions" (even if it is just going to Moe's on Friday nights.) I want to really soak up the boys being the ages that they are because everything will change soon. Like when Noah enters "real" school in the fall. Ahhh!

~ Run, and then run some more! I want to do more races, starting with (hopefully) a 10K next weekend. I also want to explore other fun, athletic activities. Like, cycling and Pilate's/yoga. Anything physically challenging.

~ I want to actually take a vacation but that is probably a little far-fetched. Wes and I have been married for almost 9 years, and in those 9 years we have taken exactly TWO vacations - one of those being our honeymoon - so....I hold out little hope :)

~ I also want to be more mindful of things. Like remembering all the blessing that I have, instead of focusing on all the things I didn't get. I want to be more patient (with my children, with my husband, with myself...with slow drivers. You know more patient in general!)

I'm sure I could go on. I will say these things I'm talking about are not items I putting on a daily to-do list to check off. They are just the things that are going through my head right now. Things that I want to see during this coming year.

And, also, I am open to other wonderful things that I may not even have thought of yet. After all, when you spend the first morning of the new year on the beach, looking at the sun over the ocean, the possibilities seem endless!

No comments: