Monday, January 10, 2011

Same Blog, New Name

When I first started blogging several years ago, I struggled to come up with a name for our blog. I wanted it to be something catchy or cute and for some reason my brain was a complete blank. So, in a snit, I simply titled it Shealy Size, the name that our buddies in college would give to any item that came in miniature. As in, "these little cokes are so tiny, they are Shealy size." You know, cause Shealys are short. Anyway, I didn't say it was a good blog name!

All of that to say that I have been wanting to change the name of my blog for a long time and have finally decided to do it. This new name is not catchy or cute or witty or anything like that. It is however, completely appropriate for us. This blog is literally the story of us. Of our family and the journey of our life together. What's funny is that I am just now seeing where our story is going.

For so many years - really, ever since Wes and I were married - we have been living life anticipating the next big event. Getting married, graduating college/grad school (yes, I realize that most people do that in the reverse order), moving for our first job, buying our first house, having our first baby, moving again, starting in a new business, having our second baby. You see the trend. One huge event after another...for almost the past decade. It makes me tired just thinking about it!

And now? Now here we are. Our family, complete (unless God decides to play a huge joke on me!), with a whole story waiting to be written. Instead of anticipating what is coming next, now we are settling in to live our life. To tell our story.

It is my hope that this blog will be a place to document more than special events and holidays. I hope it will be a place where I am able to really lay out what our family's life is like. So that one day, when I am older and missing those days of my kids being little, I can look back and read what is written here and relive the story of us.

Of course, you should always keep in mind that our story is being told through my filter. It would be a safe bet to check in with Wes every now and then just to make sure that you get a fair and unbiased viewpoint!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey babe-I love the new name and think it is very appropriate. I too look forward to the day when we go back and read your blog posts and have all these great memories.