Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Little Daydream

Is anyone else as sick of winter as I am?

Okay, call me trivial (and some of you may) but here is what is making me feel better on this cold winter afternoon as I sit here cooped up in the house, my skin dry and pasty from lack of sunlight. I am thinking of going on a summer vacation somewhere warm and toasty. I picture myself with friends, having drinks somewhere outside near the ocean. The sun is setting, there is a breeze, and........

.....what am I wearing?

Oh, come on girls, I'm not the only one who thinks of these things. (Am I?!)

If I were wanting to look cute on summer vacation I would be wearing.......

This adorable seersucker sundress from www.emersonmade.com. Seriously, I just discovered the website and am already a little obsessed with all their beautiful, simple but elegant, clothing.

Of course I need shoes. So I would pair that dress with the following....
Jack Rogers are my go-to summer shoe, and these are so cute! (www.jackrogersusa.com)

And lastly, a girl must accessorize, so my outfit would be completed with this beauty.
A ChanLuu wrap bracelet in fun, summery colors. (www.chanluu.com) I got one for Christmas and am dying for another already. They go with everything!

I would also be sporting a cute pair of sunglasses, courtesy of my husband who always picks out great ones for me!

And now.....back to reality. I AM near the beach, but it is 30 degrees and I am wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt and am accessorized by the chunky 9 month old in my arms. Sigh.....

It was fun to dream for a little while!

***Hey Wes! Guess what? You can conveniently use this post if you are looking to buy me something pretty or take me on vacation! You have several months to get it done! ;)

2 comments:

The Lovealls said...

I say you come to sunny, warm southwest FL and visit me! Go pick an outfit out for me too, yours is ADORABLE! :)

...we can always wish, right?!

Kelly Shealy said...

Emily, I was seriously thinking the other day about how we needed to come visit you guys - and how much I would much rather be in south Forida right now! We are going to make it happen one day and I will bring many cute outfits and we will have ourselves some fun!