Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Watch Out World.....

....here comes Liam!

Seriously, overnight my baby has become such a big boy. And undergone some sort of serious personality transformation, morphing from fairly relaxed and observant to loud, active, and in the middle of everything.  

Por ejemplo, today we came home from school and while I was making lunch I let him crawl around in the living room with Noah. I heard a sort of rattling and when I walked into the room I found him in front of the fireplace with a funny/guilty look on his face. He had somehow managed to pull of the bottom piece of metal (that I wasn't even aware could come off at all) along the bottom of the fireplace. He had then gotten dirt/soot all over his hand and apparently tried to eat it, as his mouth was covered in black dirt. Oh man, Noah NEVER did crap like that!

And then later, as I was playing trains with Noah, I turned around and found him doing this......


Right. He is pulling up now. I immediately sent a text to Wes and told him we would be lowering the crib tonight. 

He is also getting very vocal and very opinionated. He doesn't like to be strapped into high chairs and shopping carts and he is not shy about letting me know it. 

But....There is all this amazingly wonderful stuff we are seeing too. He and Noah are buddies. He loves nothing more than to chase Noah across the playroom and to laugh hysterically as Noah makes faces at him during mealtime. And when Liam falls and hurts himself (which is happening a lot!) Noah is the first to be there with a big hug for him. It literally melts my heart. Such sweet brothers! 

So at 9 months old this little man is changing the game on us. We are headed into a whole new phase of crazy, but excited about every minute of it!

No comments: