Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Randomness

It is raining. Again.

Do want to know what the only thing worse than a rainy Monday is? Having to go to the grocery store on a rainy Monday. Maybe I am weird - and maybe it's because I spend so much time there - but I HATE the grocery store. Especially the thought of unloading the groceries in the rain while dealing with Liam.

But today I did it with a smile on my face.


Don't laugh but my new reusable grocery bags make me smile. It might be the fun patterns or the fact that you can carry them like a purse or that they hold up to 50 pounds each, I don't know! But they definitely make grocery shopping feel more fun. 


As you can see, the brand is Baggu. I am too lazy to link to the sight but you can just google the name and find it pretty easily.


And when you are all done with them they fold up nicely and store in their very own little zippered case.  How cute - and I am being green. 

And if nothing else, this should prove to my husband that I am not as high maintenance as I seem. I mean, I am getting excited over a $6 nylon grocery bag!

How is that for some Monday randomness?!


3 comments:

McKee said...

you probably already do this but I know shopping with a kid or kids can be so not fun! before I go to the store I plan out all our meals for the whole week and make a detailed list of all the needed things. I'm in and out in 30 mins. If you're shopping at whole foods once you learn the store that will help too. I love the bags!!

Kelly Shealy said...

I have discovered that the list is key to quickness! I totally do the same thing with planning out meals and making the list...it DOES help so much. For some reason I just feel the same way about grocery shopping that I do about the dentist. It's a necessary evil and I'll probably never like it! Oh well.....

Ahem...do I hear they may be a really awesome vacation in our near future?! I am going to be stoked if we can make this thing work out! :)

Carissa said...

Grocery shopping is painful, and grocery shopping in the rain is infinitely worse. I went on Monday also and by the time I got Gemma and the groceries in the car everyone and everything was absolutely sopping wet. I had to let some of the groceries dry out before I could even put them away!