Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Rockin' Friday Night

According to my sister, this is what happens to you after nearly ten years of marriage.


Apparently we look goofy and "kinda old". Whatev. We were having fun so who cares! Last night we went out to eat, just the two of us, to talk about some stuff that we can never manage to talk about when we have two rugrats bugging us for favors. We ended up at Kickin Chicken, discussed some mundane things, and then headed to Target to walk around. Okay, so maybe we are old if a rockin' Friday night is walking around Target. But we saw all sorts of great things while we were there.

First, we headed to the kitchen appliance section where I tried to convince Wes that I needed one of these...


He remained skeptical because I so rarely bake or cook at all. I maintained that I would do more of those things if I had the proper tools. We went round and round for a bit. Finally we had the following conversation.

W: "Well, the white one is less expensive. Which one do you think you would want?"

K: "Probably the gray cause it matches all our stuff."

W: (rolling his eyes) "Well are you going to leave it sitting out or store it in a cabinet? Cause if you store it, there is really no reason to worry about matching."

K: "Oh I would have to leave it out. I think it makes me look more legit."

W: (after a short pause) "Yeah, everyone knows that's not true."

I love my husband for putting up with me! And I love him for the following picture as well....


He was the one who spotted the "Singing Wigglers" and insisted we stop and play with them. They play catchy pop tunes and dance at the same time. I was absolutely convinced we needed to get the monkey that played "Tick Tock" by Ke$ha. Wes almost gave in, but then realized that would be a waste of ten dollars so we waved good bye and headed to the checkout. And on the way I spotted one last gem...


Please excuse my face and focus on the fact that apparently you can wear a reflective "snap band" while working out at night so as to avoid getting run over by cars. Yeah, I had the same thing - in the same color - in 1990 and it was called a slap bracelet! I think I will abstain from wearing a slap bracelet while working out, thank you very much!

After that we headed home to do what all goofy, old people do on Friday night - go to bed.


No comments: