Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Rough Day


This was my fortune in the chinese food I ate for dinner last night. I laughed out loud when I read it because my day may have been memorable but it certainly didn't feel lucky.

Yesterday was one of those days where you want to start drinking but you look at the clock and realize it is only 2:43 and that would be inappropriate so, instead, you devour many dessert type foods. I can't really pinpoint what it was about my day that made me so crazy. (Well, thats a lie - part of it was definitely the behavior of my four year old.) I just felt like I never stopped moving all day, but when all was said and done NOTHING was accomplished. Do you ever have days like that? If you don't just lie and tell me that you do.

Here is what I did yesterday:

~ Woke up, got ready, got the boys ready and loaded in the car. Dropped off Noah at school.

~ Ran (literally) into Target because we were out of diapers completely. How did I let that happen?!

~Barely made it to bible study at 9:30. Had to settle for listening because I had not been able to locate my copy of the book we are studying. Oops.

~ Pick up Noah. Drive home, unload children, feed them lunch. Clean kitchen and then prepare to dirty it again.

~ Make dinner and dessert for my friends who just had a baby. (To clarify, I was glad to do this. It is just that any kitchen endeavor is made harder when Noah is being a brat and Liam is pulling EVERYTHING out of the cabinets.)

~ Put pause on the culinary experience to put Liam down for a nap, only to have him wake up 30 minutes later screaming. He spent the next hour in the jumparoo screaming off and on. It was fun.

~ Deliver dinner, come home, do some laundry, feed my children. Then bath, bedtime, and (Yay!) chinese food.

Which brings me back to one more thing about that fortune cookie. Wes opened it and added the whole, "In Bed" phrase to the end of it and looked at me with a huge grin. I simply swallowed my last sip of wine and proceeded to lay down and fall asleep on the couch. Sorry Wes. Have a talk with these guys about the unfairness of it all! :)


Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. Man they are a pain sometimes but I sure do love them!

No comments: