Monday, March 28, 2011

Goal!

Noah's spring soccer season began this past weekend. I have a feeling it is going to be a very fun time for many reasons. First of all, this season, his whole team is comprised of his friends. (As opposed to last season when we didn't know anybody). Though this does make it hard for the poor coaches to establish any order, it is extremely fun for Noah - and us - to have a whole team of good friends. I have noticed that he seems much more comfortable this season and I am sure that much of that is due to being on the field with people he knows really well.

The other reason I am excited, is that Noah has unleashed his competitive nature! All of the sudden he is interested in fighting for the ball and scoring goals. And that's exactly what he did by the way - he scored the first goal of the game on Saturday!


                                          There he is, number 4, headed right for the goal!

An interesting side note...I have discovered that I am destined to be an obnoxiously loud, side-line soccer mom. Oh yeah, I was screaming for him at the top of my lungs. (When I asked him later if he heard me, Noah said no. No?) Anyway, I am trying to reign myself in seeing as how it is only micro soccer and they don't even technically keep score, but as soon as that boy ages up to something more serious, you can bet I will be going crazy!

And where was Wes while I was making a fool of myself? He is the team's assistant coach. You can see him in the background of this picture.


He got to do a lot of "bench baby-sitting". You know, making sure kids don't wander off and chase butterflies. We are talking about 4 year olds! I know he loved it though - he has been dying for Noah to enter the world of sports.


           Noah had just as much fun racing his teammates Olivia and Matthew during their "half-time".

Have you ever wondered about the difference in the way that boys and girls perceive things? Well, watching a co-ed team gave me some insight. At one point during the game Matthew turned towards his mom and yelled, "Guess what? I am number ONE!" He then executed a fist pump and ran off.


Later on Addie, the little girl on the right in the above picture, ran toward her mom and said, "Guess what mom? My pony-tail swishes back and forth when I run!"

I am really going to enjoy this!

No comments: