Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conversations With Noah

I had the following conversation with Noah at lunch today.

Me: What's up buddy?

Noah: I'm just looking at that picture. (He points to the framed print of Rainbow Row that we have in our dining room.)

Me: What about that picture?

Noah: Well, I just can't stop thinking about Rainbow Row!

Now, I will take a moment to make a confession. This is the point in the conversation when my head got really big. I mean, here is my son - the same one who thinks farting in his brother's face is hilarious - sitting at our table, and marveling at the beauty of a historical landmark. How many almost 5 year old boys do that?! I must be doing something right, I think to myself.

Me: (Full of cockiness at my parenting abilities) I know Noah, Rainbow Row is really pretty, huh?

Noah: Well......I mean the Rainbow Road race on Mario Cart where you drive on the rainbow path and jump over the stars.

This would be the point where all the air is let out of my cocky balloon.

Me: Oh. Right, you were talking about video games.

I knew the other was too good to be true.

And, since I really prefer a post with pictures, here is a picture of my farting, video game loving boy as we "went for a run" yesterday.  I love that he "ran" with me - even if it was only for a 1/4 mile!

No comments: