Wednesday, March 9, 2011

White Flowers and Green Noses

Noah cracks me up sometimes. There are moments where he acts like he couldn't care less about what is going on around him, and then there are times where is Mr. Sensitive about everything! Like when he got sad that they were cutting down trees to build houses in our neighborhood. They are killing those trees! And this morning, when he got mad - and then extremely sad, almost weepy - because the Bradford Pear Trees are turning green. But I don't want them to turn green! I really like the white, it is beautiful!

In an effort to make him feel better I told him he could pick a bloom off the tree before they all turned green. I did not count on him picking a huge cluster that he then wanted to bring in the car. We have enough allergy problems without bringing pollinating flowers into an enclosed space. I managed to convince him that we would take a picture of the flower instead and that would be just as good. So here he is with his beloved white flower.


And of course, then he decided that he needed to take a picture too. I don't really like him messing with my phone but I gave in and told him he could take ONE! Annndddd......this is what happened.

"Okay Noah, we have to go now. Liam is waiting....give me back the phone please."


"Noah! I said ONE picture. You're not listening....give me the phone."


"Noah! The phone - NOW! Don't make me ask again! Don't keep clicking pictures and backing away....Noah!"

And that is the story of almost every conversation we have with Noah these days.

And in other news. 


This little guy has the worst cold. He didn't sleep at all last night (argh!) I am praying the snotty nose leaves us - and soon!

2 comments:

amanda said...

Haha. That is too funny about the phone, and I can understand about not wanting to bring the flower in the house. I can't smell a flower without having to take a Mucinex afterward.

Anyway, I really like your blog! I went to high-school with Wes, so I'm not a COMPLETE stalker. I saw the link to the blog on facebook a while back, and the posts were so entertaining, I had to keep reading. :)

Kelly Shealy said...

Amanda, you have me laughing! Glad that you like reading the blog - I was starting to wonder if my Mom was the only one who ever read it! Wes has told me that yours is pretty entertaining as well, so as soon as my child stops crying and begging to be held I am going to head over and take a peek!