Sunday, March 6, 2011

Family Outing At The Zoo

Yesterday the boys and I had been planning on spending Saturday all by our lonesome while Wes was at a conference, but he ended up not going so we suddenly found ourselves with a whole day to spend together, free to do what we wanted. Upon Noah's request we decided to make a trip to Columbia to the zoo. You never know how these things are going to go with little ones but I have to say, we had the best time! The weather cooperated, nobody had any meltdowns, and we really enjoyed just spending time together as a family. I took tons of pictures to share on the blog!

Here are the boys at the beginning of our adventure. Please note the map in Noah's hand. It did not leave his grip the whole time. He was convinced he had to consult it every five minutes to figure out how to get to all his favorite places!



Our first stop was the reptile building. There were tons of really cool things there actually. My favorite was the Copperhead snake.


I am kind of obsessed with the look of his skin, and strictly thinking from a fashion perspective would love a pair of flats or a cute handbag with that pattern! (It could be fake Copperhead skin of course, so as not to harm any animals!)

While in the reptile building we saw this guy.


He was sitting so still in his tank that Noah said, "He looks... a little bit... dead."

Another highlight of our outing was the little train that you could ride on. Noah rode twice, once with Wes and once with me. Needless to say, he loved it!



And Liam loved standing and waving as we rode by!


A side note.... This picture cracks me up....


I couldn't get both of them to look at the camera at the same time, so Noah's solution was to physically grab Liam's head and turn it toward the camera for him. I can promise that seconds after I took this shot Liam came out swinging!

We saw so many cool animals. It was really amazing to walk through and just marvel at all the different kinds of creatures that God has put on this earth. I think my exact words to Wes were, "God has the coolest imagination!"









And what was Noah's favorite? I am fairly sure it was the Giraffe because he got to feed him.


Okay, and as a reward if you have made it this far without getting bored and giving up. It is amazing what crimes against fashion you can find on display at the zoo. I saw so many that I was a bit overwhelmed by them all. But one did take the cake for me, mostly because it was something I saw repeated over and over again. I discreetly (I hope) took a picture of an example for you....


Apparently those Sketcher type, tone your legs as you walk around sneakers are a big hit with the masses. I hope that I am not offending anyone who is reading this but I beg you, PLEASE do not wear these! They are flattering on no one! If you need to tone I think you should rely on good old fashioned squats and lunges.

No comments: