Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's this year. The fun started on Saturday when Wes took me out for a romantic date. I should go ahead and tell you that the most romantic part of the date was that he planned everything - including child care - and surprised me with the announcement that we were going out. (He also got me flowers that were beautiful, but ruined a bit when Noah spilled the beans about their existence way before I was supposed to see them.) Ahh, kids..... anyway. Saturday night we went to dinner at 82 Queen. I had always heard that this was a great restaurant but had never been before. I was not disappointed. We got a great table right by a window overlooking the courtyard.


We ordered wine, had some she-crab soup appetizers and then our delicious meals appeared. I ordered lobster cakes with rice pilaf and roasted veggies.....


It was all very yummy and I really enjoyed getting to eat a meal with my husband where we could have uninterrupted conversation. After the dinner Wes surprised me with the second half of our date. He had gotten tickets to a play! We headed over to a local theatre and saw a production of A Raisin in the Sun. It was REALLY good. There is something so much fun about watching people give a live performance of something. So, the bottom line is that Wes got major points for planning a really fun Valentine's outing. (Especially when you compare it to our first Valentines Day together, 10 years ago. The roses, dinner and theatre tickets were much nicer than the stuffed bear and a night of watching Wes study!)  :)

On Sunday we continued the fun with some more Valentine activity. In between church and an afternoon birthday party Wes, Noah, and I got to work making homemade peppermint patties to give as teacher gifts, etc. I would like to state for the record that the idea was not mine. It came from Darby at Fly Through Our Window. (Yes, that is the blog I stalk. Make fun all you want, but I get some really good ideas from it!) Noah had a blast helping and the end result was pretty tasty if I do say so myself.









And this, of course, is what Liam did while we were playing Betty Crocker.


Ah, the plight of the second child. Ignored and only given a box to play with. 

As Noah would say, "Happy Valentime's Day everybody"!

No comments: