Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Warm Weather Found Us!

And we busted out the flip flops baby!


Seriously, I have been doing back-flips over the high 70's temperatures we have been having. And it could not have come at a more perfect time because Noah has a 4 day weekend off from school for President's Day. (How come we never celebrated that when I was growing up? I mean...I don't remember getting a day off school.) Anyway, we have spent the last two days outside soaking up the sun and here are some pictures to prove it.

Friday we had a play date at a local park with a bunch of friends. Liam really enjoyed hanging out with his girlfriend Elsa....


......and crawling through the dirt and mulch while exploring every inch of the playground.

Noah got to run around with all his buddies. My favorite was when I looked over and noticed that he had somehow managed to convince his friend Olivia to push him on the swings.


So much for my theory that if I refused to push him he would find the motivation to perfect his pump. Instead he just found the motivation to delegate work to others.

After the park we headed home and had nap/quiet time, and then at 4:00 we wandered down the street for another play date. This one fell during the cocktail hour so the mommies got to indulge in a little "Mommy Juice". (Wine, for those of you who've never spent much time with the housewives of Carolina Bay.)

This morning dawned just as beautiful. I left the boys with this fine lady....


....and joined my mother-in-law and sis-in-law for a 10 mile bike ride. Followed by yummy bagels. And when I came home I found Aunt J and the boys outside with all the toys pulled out of the garage and having a blast. Liam was of course playing with trash.


And it wouldn't be a day with my sister if hilarity did not ensue. For example, attempting to help my son steer his battery powered car and almost (almost Wes!) crashing into our real car.


Again, we took a time out for naps and then headed back out to join some friends for some tennis. Well, Wes played tennis. I played swing as hard as you can and miss. 

And next? Soon the boys will be asleep, the pizza will be here, and Wes and I will relax with this...


Does anyone else love the label on this wine as much as I do? No, just me? Oh well. It's the little things people! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Night!

No comments: