Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crazy Busy

For us, the holiday craziness always begins on Halloween weekend, and this year has been no exception. Our weekend has been so jam packed that I am sitting down to take a breather for the first time in 48 hours.  I feel a bit like I need to being doing this...


But instead of snoozing, I am blogging. Got to document the crazy, right?

On Friday night we headed down to the aquarium for Fish or Treat. Despite the fact that it was insanely crowded we had a good time. Noah and Liam debuted their Halloween costumes - Mario and Woody from Toy Story, respectively - and had a blast running around the aquarium with all the other kids. I didn't take many pictures for a couple reasons. One, the lighting was bad and so most of them turned out like this...



And, two, keeping up with Liam in the hordes of people was no small feat and did not leave much time for picture taking. Although I do have this one.


Twice that night he threw full bodied temper tantrums, in which he flopped dramatically on the floor in the middle of the crowds. So we did what any good parents would do - we took pictures cause he looked  so damn ridiculous!

Saturday morning Noah had his last soccer game of the season. The Gunners won - yay! - and finished the season with an awesome 7-1 record. Afterwards, we went over to the coaches house for a party with pizza, cake and trophies.



After a short nap time we headed out yesterday afternoon to our neighborhood's annual Halloween block party. All our friends were there and the kids had a blast with jump castles, balloon animals, and yummy treats. The weather was perfect and I have to admit that I didn't even take one picture because I was having way too much fun to stop and pull out the camera.

This morning we went to church and then out to eat at Moe's. (Noah declared he was dying to go "eat at a restaurant".) When we got home the cold morning air had morphed into a crisp, sunny fall day and I decided it would be fun to get a picture with the boys while they were still looking all handsome in their church clothes. Well, that is easier said than done. When Liam decides that he doesn't want to do something wrangling him becomes quite the chore.




After he jumped, screaming, from my arms and caused us both to go splat in the grass I gave up. For today, I settled for a picture with my more cooperative offspring.


And so, even though my couch beckons I am off to yoga in a bit. There is this one posture that they swear is as effective as 8 hours of sleep...


That one on the far left. Right... I will try my best to keep a straight face and not laugh out loud when they say that this afternoon! But who knows? I will try anything in an effort to have tons of energy for trick-or-treating tomorrow!

No comments: