Monday, December 12, 2011

Another Weekend Gone

This weekend was a bit of a whirlwind. We headed back up to see Wes' family for another holiday get together. This time it was pre Christmas fun with a lot of extended family. As usual, the boys had a great time at the lake and went non-stop the whole time. Here are some pics to show what went down.




We finished the trip off with a stop at Riverbanks Zoo to see the lights. This is what Liam thought of walking through the zoo in 30 degree weather while being strapped into a stroller...


But I tried to ignore that and focus on Noah who was having a blast. He was so into it! We bought him one of those obnoxious light up wands and he waved it around as we walked through the zoo pretending to make people disappear. (For a little while he had it set on the "strobe light" setting but I promptly nixed that as I was afraid I was headed for a stroke.) He danced to the music and talked to the light displays and sang made up Christmas songs. (Here's a star for the tree, It's Jesus' tree!) And then, we passed a snow machine and he stopped to dance in the snow.


I loved watching the joy on his face as he danced around under fake snow, waving his magic wand. He is growing up so fast and I find myself trying to hold onto little moments like these as tightly as I can. I am thankful for such fun times with him!

No comments: