Sunday, December 11, 2011

Art

On Friday I went to Noah's school for his classroom's art auction. They were auctioning off pieces of their own art to raise money for a family in need this holiday season. Such a cute idea - and what parent won't shell out some cash for something like that?! Also, they were told they could price their paintings somewhere between $1 and $5. When I asked Noah how much his was he looked at me like I was an idiot before replying, "Uh, five dollars!"

Noah does not lack for confidence let's just say that.

When we got there, the class lined up and recited some facts about their art for us. Noah did very well speaking in front of all the parents.


And here he is holding up his masterpiece.


In case you are wondering that is a Santa on top of a sleigh delivering presents to a house in the snow.

PS... This weekend we were at my in laws' house again and I discovered where Noah's artistic talent came from. (Tee Hee... I am snickering sarcastically!) I am risking divorce putting this on here, but I think that it is totally worth it. Here is a picture of a piece of Wes' artwork that his Mom has sitting out in her house..............


I think he was in middle school when he did this (ha!) and he titled it "Good Day". I asked him why his good day involved a clown playing outside while crying. He informed me that it is NOT a clown, it is in fact him, and he is playing basketball, and those are not tears - it is sweat. By this point I was laughing hysterically and asking him why, if that is him, was his nose red?? And why was he dressed as a clown? He told me his nose was red cause he needed sunscreen or something like that - I don't know - by that point I wasn't really listening anymore, just pulling out my camera to document how awesome this painting was!

PPS.... Oh, and the only thing funnier than Wes' clown painting is this. A little peek at a drawing Noah did at school that came home in his folder a couple weeks ago.


Seriously? OK, you scan this picture and tell me what your first thought is. That blue "dinosaur".... does it look like anything else to you? Don't tell me I am the only one with a dirty mind folks!

Oh we are such good artists in my family!

1 comment:

McKee said...

oh my! I nearly fell out of my chair! I love how they gave him a turkey to color and instead of coloring it like a turkey he colored his favorite things into it.