Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Lights

This is the scene in our downstairs these days.


(Actually a more accurate scene would include trains scattered throughout the picture but whatever.)

Amazingly enough Liam has not messed with the Christmas tree or the presents at all. The only thing he does is run over as soon as we walk in the door and step on the little button to turn on the lights. He prefers it all lit up, all day long.

As fun as our lights are though, we were hankering to see some lights on a big scale. So, when my friend Lisa suggested we take the big kids to the county park's festival of lights I jumped on board. Usually we would have been at least a few times by now, and I was really excited to do something with just Noah. (I love Liam, but sometimes I feel like poor Noah gets the shaft when we go places because my attention is so focused on making sure Liam doesn't run off into the crowd or throw a train at some one's head.)

On Wednesday we picked up Lisa and Hannah and headed over to enjoy the lights. It was a lot of fun and Noah loved seeing all his usual favorites. We also got to ride the train - although it was very crowded and he pouted a little cause we didn't get to sit next to Hannah. I forced him to pose for a picture with me though.


Things were made better after that when Noah and Hannah got to ride the carousel together.


We did not ride again - despite the fact that Noah had somehow obtained an extra ticket from a random stranger.

Noah: "I have an extra ticket. He gave it to me!"

Me: (suspiciously) "Who gave it to you?"

Noah: "A man."

Me: "What man?!?"

Noah: (shrugging) "I don't know. Just a man."

Me: (to myself, in my head) Was his last name Sandusky?

Lisa and I exchanged glances and we meandered over to another area. Not to sound like a paranoid mother but... really?! For some reason it just sounded like textbook stranger danger.

Other than that, we had a fabulous time! On the way out I tried to get a picture of Noah and Hannah together.


This was the result and after careful examination, Lisa and I determined that it looked a bit like a mug shot, so we had them go pose again. "Smile this time!" we said.


                                                                      Much better!

And, to prove how much fun was had, here is a picture of Noah on the way home.


The ride home became strangely quiet at one point and we turned around to discover that both kids were totally asleep. So cute!

No comments: