Tuesday, February 19, 2013

(Long) Weekend Recap

Ahhh, 4-day weekends how I love you.

It was so nice for the boys and I to get a much needed break from school and the daily grind. (Poor Wes only got a regular weekend. Although he had 2 WHOLE days at home without working - which is something, let me tell you - so I guess it was kind of a break for him too.)

We started Friday off with a neighborhood play date that also doubled as a Stella and Dot Trunk Show for the mommies. My friend Brandy had tons of cute jewelry for us to try on and yummy snacks to eat.



I swear, I only bought 2 things. Seriously. Although, when Liam and his buddies starting playing with the jewelry I thought I would have to buy more - especially if Brandy was operating under the "you break it, you bought it" policy.



As usual, it went longer than expected and I went running straight from there, back home to meet Bebe and Grampy Marv at the house. My mom stayed with the boys while Marv and I went for a 5 mile run. It was warm enough for shorts and the sky was full of sunshine. I am very glad that I went when I did, as the weather in Charleston became frigid (by our standards) and for the last few days running outside has seemed very unappealing.

Friday night we took Noah to his Valentine's Day Dance at the elementary school. I loved getting to watch the kids run around and 'dance'. It was a legit dance too - complete with DJ and a dark cafeteria - and I couldn't stop thinking, How is my kid old enough to be here?!

Saturday was a very chill day. We stayed home for the most part. Wes and I did some stuff around the house and then we watched 'Star Wars: Episode 2' with the boys. That night, after taking a meal to some friends, we headed out to The Kickin' Chicken for some yummy fried treats.

In case you are wondering, Liam was pouting and refusing to be photographed so Wes made a pouty face in solidarity. That's not just the face he makes for pictures, promise.)

Sunday was spent cleaning and working out, and then the boys went to stay with Bebe so that Wes and I could have a belated Valentine's outing. We went to see a movie ('Zero Dark Thirty' - which I enjoyed very much) and then out to eat at Taco Boy downtown.


I had Noah snap a picture of me and Wes before we left since we haven't taken one together in forever!

Also, my Mom sent me this picture of Liam while we were out. Yikes. Must have been happy to be at Bebe's house!



It was very nice to have an afternoon/evening just the two of us, to talk and catch up without any distractions.

Monday morning Wes went off to work, and since the boys had spent the night at my Mom's, I slept until 8:30! It was glorious. When I finally decided to wake up I spent the morning doing some productive things and then headed to a friend's house to hang out and be lazy. It was the perfect way to end our little 4 day break.

Afterwards, my Mom brought the boys back and it was time to start getting ready for the week. Grocery shopping, searching book bags for important papers, doing laundry, etc.

I am feeling very grateful for the fun time off of the usual schedule, for having Wes home for an entire weekend, and for having family that was happy to watch the kids while we went out for some much needed alone time. Here's to starting the week with a fresh perspective and a positive attitude!

1 comment:

caycee said...

So jealous of your alone time with Wes!! Lucy ducks ;)