Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday (And Why I Am Scared of Blogging)

Good Monday morning everybody. Here goes another week... Our schedule will likely be filled with all the familiar things. Work, school, sports, housework, etc. However, in spite of all of that I am attempting to add 'Blogging' to my list.

I have had this blog for several years now and for the most part is has been so fun. A great way to document my children's lives while they are little, a way to connect with family and friends who live far away, and a creative outlet for me. In fact, I enjoy writing so much that last fall I attempted to start another blog. I wanted something that was more of a 'lifestyle blog', where I could talk about all the things that interest me. Those are the blogs that I enjoy reading the most, and I thought I would give it a go.  I tried it for a bit and it was fun! And yet... It just didn't work out. I have to say, I became a bit intimidated by it all. I know next to nothing about blogging/computers. I have friends that seem to do it so easily, and that is great, but I have decided that I shouldn't try to do the same. I should just do what I know how to do - write. I will tell stories and share the things I love and who cares if my site is not perfectly designed or I fail to update when I am 'supposed' to!

I keep feeling compelled to write here, in this space, rather than my other blog. It feels more real to me. More like my own voice. Maybe it is because I have been writing here for so long, or maybe because it is where the history of my family lives. Who knows?! The point is, I have decided to stay here. I want to keep telling 'The Story Of Us'.

That said, I plan to be a little more intentional with my posts. My plan is to post several times a week. About all things. My kids, working out, things that inspire me, fun outings around our city. Whatever floats my boat on any given day :)

So for now, this is my motto:



No comments: